Opportunities for Serving the Parish
- Hospitality Minister: greet people as they enter Church for Mass. No training required. Scheduled in advance; can cancel with phone call. Call the Parish Office.
- Altar Server: assist Father at Mass. Must be in grades 4-12. Training provided. Scheduled in advance; can cancel with phone call. Call the Parish Office.
- Eucharistic Minister: distribute Eucharist and Precious Blood at Mass. Training required with Diocesan certification. Click here for our additional parish instructions. Scheduled in advance; can cancel with phone call. Call the Parish Office.
- Lector and/or Cantor: read first or second reading at Mass; if Cantor, sign the Responsorial Psalm. No training required. Provided Workbook to assist in reading preparation. Scheduled in advance; can cancel with phone call. Call the Parish Office.
- Choir Member: sing at Easter and Christmas Liturgies. Training provided by practice sessions 3-6 weeks before Easter and Christmas. Choir practice at 10:00AM on Sunday during the 3-6 weeks before Christmas and Easter. Contact Music Director Jeri Cooke (223-7185)
- Scripture Study Group: meet with a small group of Parishioners to discuss readings from the Bible. Contact Ken Lardie (223-7125)
Faith Formation (Religious Education)
- Catechist: teach children at Sunday morning Religious Education Classes. Classes scheduled each week from October through April. Classes are for children pre-kindergarten through grade 6. Training materials provided. Call Howard Byrne at the Parish Office.
- Collection Counter: assist with counting and posting weekend Collection on Monday mornings from 9:00AM to 11:00AM. Training provided by Collection Supervisor. We have 4 Teams, with 3 people per Team. Commitment: once every 4 weeks. Call Deb Workman at the Parish Office.
- Pastoral Council Member: provide advice and consultation to Pastor. Commitment is 1 meeting per month (third Tuesday at 7:00PM). Call Jerry Carlson 218-0957.
- Finance Council Member: provide financial advice and consultation t Pastor. Preferred skill sets include: accounting, business and finance and law. Commitment is to attend a meeting once a quarter (evening meeting), plus special subcommittee meetings. Call Dave Mann 499-4535.
- Administrative Assistance: assist Business Manager as needed in answering phones, helping with monthly mailings to Parishioners, and other office duties. Hours are flexible and can be on a “call” basis. Call the Parish Office.
Parish Social Life and Christian Action
- Knights of Columbus: social and service group for Catholic men. Monthly business meeting on first Monday of each month. Contact Grand Knight Rick Kane at email@example.com or call (231) 943-1231 for membership information
- St. Joseph Women’s Guild: social and service group for women members of Parish. Group gathers on Second Monday in Denay Hall during the school year at 7:00PM for business meeting, prayer and refreshments. Guild is responsible for coordinating a lunch after a Funeral, if requested by the family. Contact Irene Rice (223-9899) for membership information
- Mothers in Christ: a multi-parish organization of young mothers who meet at Christ the King social hall every Monday morning at 9:00AM. Meetings consist of prayer, religious education and social. Nursery provided for pre-school children, enabling mothers to enjoy the meeting without interruption. For information, email MothersInChrist@gmail.com
- Safe Harbor: an interdenominational group of Christians concerned about the health and welfare of the homeless in the area. Volunteers staff an overnight shelter in a local church in the winter months. Contact Pat Nugent (989-859-9506) for information.